Future Students
Current Students
7,000 + students on campus!
Have Fun & Help Solve the World's Greatest Problem!

Kpop College

Learn, Enjoy and Become

Forums

Forum Home > New Kpop Group Auditions > SuSuMu Auditions

Jeong Mae Ryun

SuSuMu ( ススム/스스무 ) is my new J-Pop/K-Pop group.

Susumu ( 進む ) is a Japanese word that actually means "to advance" and that is what I want the group to do. To advance forward with not only skill but also with being known. This group will be influenced by many different Japanese and Korean groups, but the main ones are Perfume, Buono!TaeTiSeo, and Orange Caramel. The Japanese cover debut is already chosen and coded for 3 members. The song is Aa Susukino by S/mileage and is fairly easy vocally. There are also spots on the cover debut for all 3 members to have a Japanese solo. The same will go for the Korean cover debut and possibly the original debut if we can have instrumentals made.

I am posting here because I would like to hold auditions for this group. SuSuMu wll debut with Japanese first then Korean, but releases will be back and forth irregularly, meaning we could have two Korean comebacks in a row or two Japanese, depending on how translations come about. 

I need two more members to fill the other Su spot and the Mu spot. While I have two Japanese names for the other two members, you can pick your own names as long as they have su or mu somewhere in it. If you have a first or full stage name in Korean, then you can use that when auditioning. The group will be primarily singing, although if members want to learn and perform a dance, then we definitely can.

As far as muisc is concerned, I will be writing a few and I have friends who are more than willing to translate to Japanese. However, if you write, compose, and/or translate at all, please include so when you are auditioning. What is majorly needed is someone that can translate to Korean so that when we do debut in Korean, we already have lyrics ready. You don't have to be fluent. You only have to be able to provide accurate translations.

Since the group only requires 3 members, I will be managing. All you need to audition are a headshot, a full body shot, and either video OR audio of you singing. There is a mandatory Japanese and Korean song to sing. The Japanese song is Our Songs by Buono! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptdJYBDxMxg) and the Korean song is Gangnam Street by Orange Caramel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YRwI2TNPgQ). If you are able to perform harmonies, then your chances are slightly better than others since the original songs will definitely have them. Please fill out the form and either comment here or send it to this email: susumu.band@gmail.com. The email is check at least once a day, so if you send it, then I will see it soon. If you comment, then please link without using the code.

• Stage Name:
  • Headshot:
  • Full body:
  • Other images:
  • Mandatory Japanese
  • Mandatory Korean
  • Other Audition Links
  • Questions/Comments:

Lyrics for both Our Songs! and Gangnam Street are below:

The plan is to have the other two members on board before the start of autumn. If that happens, then recording of the Japanese cover debut and Korean cover debut will commence. If we are able to, we will also start preparing for our official debut in both langauages. If all goes well, then debut will be planned for Winter of 2016. Otherwise, we will spend that year preparing as much as possible for a late 2016/early 2017 original debut while releasing covers along the way to build up a fanbase online. This includes Kpop College.

There are also two other things. I have found a person that can make instrumentals (professionally), but his pricing is $400 a song. I have started a crowdfunding project on Indiegogo (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/susumu-a-j-pop-and-k-pop-group-in-the-making/). The goal is $800 USD so that we can have 2 instrumentals created for our official original debut. You don't have to donate at all if you do not want to, but if you do even a dollar is enough. Second, we still need a logo! If you have any ideas and would like to share, please do so! Any help would be much appreciated.

If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to ask me at all. I am more than willing to answer every one. Thank you for taking your time to read this all and I sincerely hope that some of you take the time to audition. Remember: there are only two positions available for this group. Therefore, whoever auditions will have possible competition.

--
I want to live a dream within a dream. I'm Mae Ryun. NIce to meet you!
~~~~
私は夢の中の夢を生きたい。私はメイリュンです。始めまして!
~~~~
난 꿈이 내 꿈을 살고 싶어. 나는 매륜 예요. 만나서 반가워요!

January 8, 2015 at 10:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ashenrust
You are going to be a member/leader of SuSuMu and of Cloud9?
January 9, 2015 at 7:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jeong Mae Ryun

ashenrust at January 9, 2015 at 7:25 PM

You are going to be a member/leader of SuSuMu and of Cloud9?

Yes but I am changing the leader when I get to know members better. I'm staying leader just for the purpose of the spot being filled. Also,  I might combine the two and make the other 4-6 members (if it gets to 9 people) another sub-unit.

--
~~~~
~~~~

January 9, 2015 at 7:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jeong Mae Ryun

UPDATE: I have gotten permission from a person that makes instrumentals on YouTube to use a few of their instrumentals. All I have to do is to choose which two I want on the original debut and add the words to it. After that (and the members are chosen), the group can start preparing for the original music debut.

--
~~~~
~~~~

January 10, 2015 at 2:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Soo Min 오수민
omo, can I be in the sub unit? sounds like fun~
January 11, 2015 at 4:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jeong Mae Ryun

Soo Min 오수민 at January 11, 2015 at 4:50 AM

omo, can I be in the sub unit? sounds like fun~

Sure Soomin!

UPDATES: 1 more member needed & SuSuMu will DEFINITELY be a CLOUD9 unit.

--
~~~~
~~~~

January 11, 2015 at 7:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

fritz333

does it have to be japanese or korean? anyways i have a couple of songs i uploaded in youtube 1 in korean and others in english.

Stage Name: fritz

Birthday day & month: february 6 1985

Headshot:

Full body:

Other images:

Mandatory Japanese

Mandatory Korean

Other Audition Links https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TALGcQnuMWE

Questions/Comments:

January 31, 2015 at 9:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.